Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Compass

We moved into our home in October 2001. Not too long after we moved here, we had our first unexplained experience. I don't remember the date, but I know we hadn't been here long because I was still in the process of unpacking boxes and putting things in their new place. One of the rooms I had done was the laundry room, since that is a room that I knew I would be using right away.

The people who used to live here called looking for the game controller for their playstation. They said that it might be in the cabinet in the laundry room. Since I had just been in the cabinet the day before I knew it wasn't there. It had been totally empty before I started putting my stuff in there. Even so, my husband checked in there anyway. The controller wasn't there, as I had said. However, when he opened the door, he saw an old compass. We did some research on the Internet and found out it was the kind of compass pilots used in WWII. It just appeared there, as it was not there the day before.

I put the compass in a wooden box which I keep in my desk drawer. It has been there for years now. Periodically I have taken it out to show people when the topic has come up.

Until last week....

I was telling a neighbor about it and when I took the wooden box out to show her, it was empty. Evidently whoever giveth, taketh away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home